Monday 16 August 2010

Okay, I think we've all learnt by now, that when I use the word 'tomorrow' it can actually mean any time up to two months later. In this instance it means a week.

So, to recap, day 1 at seniors 1, I went to a meeting with Dear Chicago (whose lineup has changed AGAIN, may I add...more on that in about three tomorrows), drove past camp, got lost in Angelsey, and finally got there. And now, I've forgotten where post #1 ended, so excuse me, I have to go back and check.

Ah yes, I'd just arrived.

So basically, I haven't even STARTED on day one yet.

So, Andri greets me as I get to camp, just missing a walk to the beach, due to my lateness/lostness, and shows me our room in the BRAND NEW CHALETS. Seriously, compared to previous years, this was, like the Hilton. Our own bathroom and everything! Wowzer. Also, this was the first time in four years I'd taken a bottom bunk, which was a bit of a bummer, but only for half a second. We all usually hang out on the bottom bunks anyway, except these brand spanking new bunkbeds had a lower top bunk than the old ones, so we actually couldn't and took to hanging out on the floor...

The first thing I noticed about our wardrobe (which was actually an alcove) was that hanging up, slap band in the middle, at least, that's how my memory recalls, was my blue stripey shirt dress, except it couldn't be, because it was currently in my case...MAJOR FASHION DISASTER. It turned out to be Carolines, and not only, had she bought, brought, and got dibs on the dress, she also only paid a TENNER in the sale, compared to however much I spent on mine at Christmas...and mine has a weird curry (I hope) stain on it. If she brings hers to inters, maybe I could cunningly switch them...if she doesn't read this...muahahahahaha.

Anyway...camp, oh yeah...

So me and Andri go and find the others, playing pool and table tennis (the source of many laughs through the week) and everything's grand. I don't actually think too much happened on the first night, maybe someone will refresh my memory. It's weird because I always usually remember everything. Maybe I'm getting old...oh well.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment