Friday 6 August 2010

So much for that Heatwave!

I can't believe for once we actually get a 100 degrees summer!
No really, I can't, because erm, I believe we were promised a heatwave? Where is it? Anyone know?

No, me either.

To be fair, June was quite hot, as I can clearly remember spending many a band practice in front of a fan that was just moving the hot air around, and having disgusting sweaty hair. TMI? Oh well.

But July? No no no. More like October. Honestly, I wore a jumper the other day.

So, as promised in my last post, the O2 gig.

It was a while ago now, as in, almost a month ago, but it was brilliant. Definitely worth the wait. I was so nervous beforehand, and accidentally shouted at Chris before we went on, but we were brill. I got THE BUZZ! And the crowd were really good to us. I wish I'd written this sooner actually, so I could remember more, but the buzz lasted for days, and I wrote a song from it. Donna actually cried with pride on my Dad's shoulder!


(Me and Donna)

I just now wanna say thanks to everyone who came! It was one of the best nights of my life so far. And the night out afterwards was hillarious!


So there's the good bit!

Since the gig we've had a few more, and on the day we got some great news in the form of an AMAZING opportunity, in the form of The Breakout Festival.

Everyone who reads this needs to get themselves down to The Cavern on the 10th September, and vote for us, so we can progress to the next round and become a step closer to playing an actual music festival in the Maldives and potentially get signed by an actual record company, and stay on an ACTUAL YAUGHT (Think I have my priorities the right way round there...:P)


So since then, I've spent a week at camp as well!
I love that place so much, seriously, I'd live there if I could. I was contemplating hiding under one of the chalets when the coach was boarding, but we had a gig the next day and I couldn't let the guys down!

Seriously though, it was a bit odd feeling this year, like the first few days didn't feel like camp at all, and we were all feeling a bit mehhh, but in the end, the week really made me think things through and evaluate everything, and I'm on a slightly different track now.

I loved sharing a room for the week with the girls too! Abbie, Andri, Caroline, Rach and Lora are the best roomies ever! I love it cos we're all so different, and lead completely different lives, and outside of camp, we don't all see each other too much, but as soon as we get there, we're like sisters. I've renamed them my soul sisters now, because the song Hey Soul Sister by Train was pretty much the song of the week!




Anyway, it's late, and I have work in the morn! I shall post part 2 sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment