Friday 1 October 2010

Happy October!

Ooooh, I love the autumn, I think it's probably my favourite season. Jumpers and hats and scarves, and fires, I LOVE IT. And, yesterday, I finally had a bit of money, *enter shopping trip*, which was exactly what I needed! Nine whole hours of shopping, with Jess, Andri and Abbie. I was in my element. And now, I think I have just about enough stuff to see me through till December, when I can get more chunky knits and hats.

I love hats. Did you know?

I bought some fab boots as well, but they're a size five, AKA too big, which is something I've never done before, I've gone too small, but never too big, but I figured I'd just wear slipper socks with them, because neither New Look store had them in threes or fours.

These are them.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/fold-down-lace-boot_209046701?icSort=-bestSellerScore

So worth it. And, it was twenty percent off, with my student discount.

Which brings me nicely onto my next point.

I spent £42.50 on a poetry book today. £42.50.

I don't even like poetry! My soul shrinks a little everytime we get assigned one to read. I know, I chose literature, and duh, obviously there'd be poetry, but I didn't know there'd be so flippin much, or that I'd have no choice in writing fiction or poetry, and would have to do both! I can't write poetry, I don't like writing poetry, and I think it brings out the pretentiousness in a lot of people, and I don't want to be like that! In all fairness, I don't have to write any until January, I just have to carry a book that probably weighs more than Jessica around with me for twelve weeks, whilst trying really hard not to mess it up because I intend to sell it at the end of the year. Oh well.

Since it's been a while since I wrote last, I get to break the news right now that Dear Chicago are no more. :(

I think it had been coming for a while, it was pretty obvious by the end that certain people weren't happy with how things were being done. In fact, we were all pretty tired. I'm not one to bitch, so I'm not gonna say much. But I'm not too ecstatic with the way things happened, and don't actually think it was too fair on me at all, especially now that a little bit of the truth has come out. But Liam and I have started up a new band, with two new guys, Callum and Nick, which will take some time, but it'll be worth it, to not feel guilty for being a girl...
Sean's started up a metal band as well, with some people from his college, and DC's bassist Chris, and I hope they do well, because Sean's so hard working, and he really deserves it.


So, it's Autumn, pretty much a time of change, and hopefully things are going to start taking shape. I'm applying for teaching courses, so hopefully I get on one of those, and maybe this time in two years, I'll be qualified. I'm pretty nervous about going into Winter though, I definitely don't want to repeat last year, when I was pretty much a nervous wreck for about three months. I REALLY don't want that, it was absolutely horrible, but I don't see why history should repeat itself after a positive nine months. Plus, I know how blessed I am, compared to a lot of people at the moment, and it'd be utterly selfish to work myself up into a state when there's people around me going through some really tough times.

So, on that upbeat note (:P)
I'm going to bed. Work then party time tomorrow!
Nanight! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment