Friday 30 August 2013

So long, Summer!

Hello eight!  (I don't even know if you still are eight, but it has a nice ring to it).


So, in a week's time, I'm going to be back at my old Uni, enrolling on a PGCE.  I've been trying to get to this point for so many years, it's quite surreal that it's finally happening, but, it is, and I keep flipping from being so excited, to be being a massive puddle of nerves, especially in work a few weeks ago, when some of the boys were feeding me horror stories of how horrible they were to their teachers.    One of them bricked a particularly unpopular teacher's car (remind me to park Tracey far, far away), and another said I'd probably be lucky because I'm pretty (let's hear it for feminism).  

So basically, I'm terrified.  
I'd like to think I'm going to be a nice teacher, but not so nice I'm a pushover/the one they make cry, and I've always felt it's what I should be doing, so I'm sure I'll be fine, but there's a horrible part of my mind screaming 'WHAT IF I'M NOT!  WHAT IF I TURN OUT TO BE TERRIBLE AT THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT DOING?'

Time will tell, I suppose.

Anyway, in preparation for the next year, I've made a lot of changes this year.  I left my band (sob), because I know I just won't have the time, and I've cut my hours back in work to just one day a week, for now.  I've read a lot of articles/blogs/opinions, saying they wouldn't recommend working through a PGCE, but I don't get any sort of bursary, just the basic loan, and I don't think it'll be enough for me to live off, especially, after being on basically full time hours for the last two years, but, if worst comes to worst, I'll just have to leave and try my best.

As well as cutting stuff back, I decided to make the most of every minute spare I had this summer, so I went camping, I went to Zante, and I finally went to a festival.  I've relished every moment with my friends, and my boyfriend, made some new friends, and as cheesy as it sounds, made memories that I hope will get me through the hard times I know I'm going to face this year.

So, I'm hopefully going to be writing about my experiences here, but you can see from my posting history what I'm like.  For now, I'll leave with a few of my favourite memories from the summer.

H x


















No comments:

Post a Comment