Thursday 22 April 2010

Liverpool, Ormskirk and Back Again!


Okayy, so today, Thursday 22nd April 2010, is officially the busiest day of my year so far! And this morning I got lost, hopefully not a sign for the rest of the day!

Soo, this morning, I toddled off to the Liverpool World Museum, not holding out much hope, I mean, without it, I could have had an extra couple of hours in bed, before my lecture this afternoon (Okay, I would have been up in uni instead but let's just forget that for a second...) and I missed the train, or you know, two trains. Note to anyone who ever has to wake me up...half an hour before I have to leave will not work, I need to press snooze at least twice before I'm fit to function. Anyway, then I had to sort all my stuff out for later, seeing as I'm going straight to the wonderful Donna's from uni, which is a challenge when your room resembles a demolition site. (My Auntie Sue actually got me a door hanger once that read 'Warning! Demolition site! C'etait moche. Okay, it was quite funny, but so...)
So, there I was, packed bag, made up face, awful wavy hair (cue hat), and ready to leave, and it was only half past 9! Except no, it wasn't, it was twenty to ten.



So, after being stuck behind the slowest people on the escalator, I finally got into Liverpool, (Liverpool? Since when have I used Liverpool when I mean town? I guess uni's affecting me!)

FINALLY I get to the Museum, which I struggled to find, cos all the big buildings round there look the same, and I nearly walked into the Library next door, it was only when I was turning in, did I see the big lit up, multicoloured MUSEUM sign...sigh. And museums are pretty big, I had no idea where everyone else was, so I just kept walking up stairs. In the end I wrote an emergency status on facebook, on the offchance someone from my course would see it and help me, but then Nicki rang and told me they were in the bug section.



So between now and 6th May I have to write a short story on something that inspired me from the museum, and I have a problem because the main thing sticking out in my mind is the stick insects.

Me; Wow, is that one?
Hayley: No, that's just a stick...that's a stick insect
Me (thinking): They look exactly the same...how do you know?

Anyway, that was my morning, if you want to know what else happened, I got inside a stem, became an Anglo Saxon and smelt virtual flowers. No doubt I'll be back tomorrow with an update of how my gig went!



No comments:

Post a Comment