Friday 11 March 2011

Hello World!

Okay, so it seems as though this is possibly the first proper post of 2011?
Sorry! It's actually unreal how little time I've had recently, but don't worry, I'm back.

First of all, how horrible is the news about the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan and spreading? The earthquake apparently measured 8.9 on the Richtor scale. This morning when I was reading about it, there were two deaths, now, there are over 1000 and climbing. It's so sad, and has reminded me that above all, we're only human. As much as we think our lives are so important and make a fuss about so many things, nothing's certain, and nature is a much bigger force than us. Maybe we should take some time to be grateful for what we have, and concentrate on having fun, and helping others do the same, because, we only get one, and it's fragile.

Anyway, on a slightly less preachy note, I have an X factor audition tomorrow!
I'm really in two minds whether to go or not, but I've sorted it all with work now, so I'm off anyway, so may as well take the chance. I'm a firm believer in following heart over head, but this time, it just seems so ridiculous. I don't know when the callback is, even if, by some miracle I do get through, so the likelyhood is I won't be able to go anyway, with uni and work, and I don't want to make poor Danni sit there in the cold for hours for either a no, or a yes, but the callback's on such a date, and there's no way I can go. Ah well, what ever happens, happens.

Oh yeah, and I have a new band! We're called 'My Awakening' and consist of
Lead vocals: Me
Lead Guitar: Liam (AKA Dear Chicago's old drummer)
Bass: Michael (AKA Sully, apparently only his mother calls him Michael)
Drums: Anthony

Our first gig's on the 20th March! It's in The Masque and I'm really looking forward to it, I've missed gigging so much! So, wish me luck, on both counts!

Anyway, I love this song atm! So summery!

No comments:

Post a Comment