Monday 14 March 2011

A little moan...apologies!

Bonjour blog,

So, today I deleted my religion from facebook. I have actually been contemplating doing it for a while, but I watched a video someone had linked to, and it was pretty much the last straw. I don't want to be associated with people who can look at something like the Japan Earthquake, and thank God for giving the atheists a 'wakeup call.' I know that's an extreme example, and there are more minor ones that I've come across too, like, surely one of the most important aspects of Christianity is 'thou shalt not judge?' Yet Christians are generally seen as one of the most judgemental groups of people there are.

Actually, most Christians I know are brilliant, the people in my church are some of the most welcoming people I've ever met, and never fail to put me in a good mood, and then there are the people I've met through MCYC, who work so hard and give so much time to give people a place they'll love, somewhere they belong, and somewhere they'll come back to. These are the people who should represent what it's all about, not the fear-mongering, the ones who take pleasure in telling people they're living wrong, or going to hell (which, they don't actually know, unless, they themselves are God, and I'm pretty sure the God I follow isn't as hateful as that). Since when has it been about that? And who are they to say something is 'wrong?' Ugh.
Spread the love, not hate.

So, yeah, can you gather my mood?
There's pretty much at least a minor thing wrong in every aspect of my life right now, so excuse me for being all emo! I leave uni in like a month, and for the first time in my life, have no idea what's next for me. I kinda feel like I'm just riding along, without actually actively getting anywhere. I had two paths, one, music and two teaching, and I've got walls up in both, and I'm nearly 21.

In the youth yesterday, we all had to go round and say one good and one bad thing about our week, and it kinda made me realise how 'meh' my life is right now. I couldn't think of anything worth mentioning good, and there was nothing I wanted to share that was really bad. Plus it'd be an awkward moment to say 'Yeah, I just feel like a bit of an epic faliure in every way to be honest', and it's not like anything's going badly wrong, it's just nothing. Then there's that saying, 'at least you've got your health', but if that's all, then what kind of life is that? I want to DO something!

Anyway, sorry for the moan, I promise this is a rarity!
I'll write soon :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment