Saturday 19 March 2011

The Sun has ARRIVED!

Hello there blog :)

It seems this week that everybody, or at last a massive majority of people I know have been feeling pretty downhearted, me included, maybe it's the 'supermoon?'

In all seriousness though, this has been a pretty crappy couple of weeks for the world in general, but what's struck me, with the situation in Japan, and Comic Relief mainly, is the way people almost innately band together to help people in trouble. We live in such a broken world, but people give me faith in humans. We're not all bad.

The Nuclear workers in Japan, the firefighters, the helecopter pilots, they all know they're risking their lives, yet are working around the clock to make sure more people don't. I had to have a little cry when I read some of the tweets made by their families, and the messages from the workers. Amazing amazing people.

Anyway, day #2 of my Photo-thingy is
A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

I'm pretty sure, that that person is my friend Danielle, since I've known her since I was two and all. She caused my first memorable injury when she stood up under a trampoline at playgroup that I was on, then a few years later I repaid her by breaking her arm...(Ask to see her scar)
She's a twin, and I used to be convinced that her twin was called Daniel, because of her name, but it's actually Tom.
She used to fancy H from Steps, but can't seem to remember, we went to our first ever gig together (Party On The Pier 1999), in our teens we were totally different, with her going all goth, and me being pretty damn girly, but it didn't matter, she introduced me to loads of people who I'm still friends with now.

She's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment